Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Approximately two weeks ago I completed and submitted an online questionnaire on JJ's website used in matching player with most suitable JJ mouthpiece. No response. Persisting, I followed up emailing Jody concerning payment options on a Tenor DV NY mouthpiece (whether they accepted cash payment via PayPal or preferred credit cards, etc). No response. I tried contacting him by phone and no one answers.

Has anyone else experienced delays in service or response from JJ? I realize that Jody and his mouthpieces are well regarded -- that's why I'm interested in purchasing from him; however, the absence of communication gives one pause.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,494 Posts
Having bought three mpc's from JJ, I found their service to be exceptionally
great and responses were very prompt.

Try this email address.

JodyJazz Saxophone & Clarinet Mouthpieces

[email protected]

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just purchased a tenor and an alto DV mouthpiece from Jody last Friday. Because I live nearby, I just called and set up an appointment to go to his studio in Manhattan. He is one of the nicest people you can ever meet! He was very helpful in the process of choosing a mouthpiece and I got the feeling from him that he was more concerned helping me get a better sound than he was with just making a sale. He seems to be very conscientious as far as how he treats people so if you haven't received a response yet I would try to call him. His phone contact number is on his website.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to hear. Thanks for the responses. I've tried reaching him by phone and the email address above. Maybe he's out sick or on a business trip? I'll keep trying. :)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,207 Posts
I did the 6 questions thing about 4 weeks ago, he responded 2 days later, telling me to try harder reeds rather than buying a $450 DV.

That speaks for itself.....he was honest as suggested the best way to a true "west coast" sound is small tips and hard reeds. A path I am now traveling......

Maybe your emails were blocked by some kind of spam filter thingy (I am very technical)

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
my emails were blocked at one point from him too. i finally called and got through

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2011
774 Posts
I have just received a replacement DV from Jody... the previous one having had faulty plating.
Comms with him and Jason(Operations Manager), by email and phone, were usually prompt and always helpful.
Jody's original response to my '6 Questions/Answers' was a bit slow...he apologised and said he'd been out of the country.

(The replacement DV plays better too :) )

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reassuring Feedback. My thanks, but still no Jody. lol

I only have one spam filter, but added Jody's email address (and the domain) to the exception/friends list. Building computers is a hobby of mine, so I am fairly technically oriented, myself. I realize filters are a common cause of email failure, though.

It sounds as if Jody has a great deal of integrity as well as a respected product, and just needs an answering service and/or another few hands on deck to field sales calls. I've purchased from Barone and Sugal in the past and have always been able to get someone on the phone with email answered promptly.

Again, my thanks as a noob to this forum for the helpful feedback!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2011
774 Posts
Yes, welcome, jmkays..... on the 2 occasions I have phoned, Jason, the Ops Mgr, has answered, so I guess they have a very small office staff!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, must be. Usually I don't have this much trouble convincing someone to take my money. Haha. I'll keep trying to get a human on the phone.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Jody is in Europe

I'm quite sure that Jody is still in Germany this week, doing Mouthpiece seminars and promoting a new Trio recording.

I'm sure you will hear back soon.

Alan Brady

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I received an apologetic email from Jody this morning, confirming that he had received my email (5) over the past three weeks and that they mistakenly had been marked as answered (mistakenly so, as he had no record of specific responses).

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hi guys...
I live in Brasil and bought a couple of pieces from Jody... Excellent service and nice customer support as well. Every time I wrote an e-mail I got a response. Possibly, his Europe trip is causing that trouble... Give him a chance...
Regards

·
Registered
105 Posts
crazydaisydoo said:
I did the 6 questions thing about 4 weeks ago, he responded 2 days later, telling me to try harder reeds rather than buying a $450 DV.

That speaks for itself.....
Yes, I had the same experience - a recommendation to try other things before buying a new mouthpiece. Very commendable, but having said that I still bought a mouthpiece :) ................the JJ classic for my alto, and I don't regret it! Not an expensive piece, but really nice and bright when used with the spoiler it comes with.

·
Registered
37 Posts
jmkays said:
Approximately two weeks ago I completed and submitted an online questionnaire on JJ's website used in matching player with most suitable JJ mouthpiece. No response. Persisting, I followed up emailing Jody concerning payment options on a Tenor DV NY mouthpiece (whether they accepted cash payment via PayPal or preferred credit cards, etc). No response. I tried contacting him by phone and no one answers.

Has anyone else experienced delays in service or response from JJ? I realize that Jody and his mouthpieces are well regarded -- that's why I'm interested in purchasing from him; however, the absence of communication gives one pause.
I did the online questionnaire at around the same time and haven't received a reply either. I assume he's away on business.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have called Jody a couple of times and was extremely pleased with the level of attention that was given. He is definitely looking out for the well being of any player out there. I think it is a blip in the data if he isn't able to be reached. He is truly a professional.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts