Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

As I wrote in my presentation, I'm a French tenor saxophonist, I play on a Yana T991 with several Vandoren mouthpiece, java, jumbo java (my preferate), V16 metal and HR, in 0,98 tip opening (7 Jody jazz) but I want to try a different way, Jody jazz retain my attention.
I search something less bright than my Jumbo, even if I love it, but it is not warm.
There is two Jody jazz mouthpiece I look, the classic and the HR, this very difficult to make my mind, can you help me?

P.S.: sorry for my bad English...

·
Banned
3,000 Posts
The Classic will probably play more like your Java and Jumbo Java. The HR* is not really what I would call a "warm" mouthpiece, but it will be a lot warmer than the Classic. If you want to limit your choices to those two, and you're looking for something less bright and warmer than your Jumbo Java, I would choose the HR*.

I've never played a Vandoren V16 HR mouthpiece. The Jody Jazz HR* might be similar to that. You might just want to save some money and play your V16 HR mouthpiece for now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Buck, that's a good information for me, when I said warm, I would say a little less brighter, the Classic interest me with the spoiler system, it procure perhaps 2 mouthpieces in one,
no?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,306 Posts
I have a V16 A5M, a Blue Java 35A and had a JodyJazz classic 8 (with baffle) that I sold. I think the V16 and JodyJazz HR are in the "same family". The JJ classic are more like a Java. I think the jumbo java is brighter than a JJ with insert baffle. As gsaxman100 wrote, the classic is different, because of the square chamber. I like it a lot, it is almost the same mpc as the Runyon Custom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.