Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new super session soprano piece from wwbw. I have a feeling that it has been used. First, the logo on the mouthpiece fade a little; second, there is no tape that cover the logo, while I remember it was always with new pieces .Is it common for a new piece?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,446 Posts
I don't recall masking tape over the logo on any Super Session piece I've purchased. They came in a long box and that's all I recall. If you are concerned about cleanliness, wash it first. DAVE

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dave.

I do not know whether anyone notice the condition of mouthpiece from WWBW. The first piece I order from them was a Runyon custom. It was dirty and nothing like new, with slight mark on the beak. I returned it and bought a Bari HR. Even worse, there is a dent on the tip for the Bari piece! This should no happen for a brand new piece. And now I really feel not happy with the SS piece since I really do not think it is brand new one. And all of the boxes are not sealed from WWBW. I remembered I ordered a cheap Yamaha 4C from Sam Ash and the box is sealed and the piece looks very new. I am going to order another SS from weinermusic.com, definitely not WWBW.

·
Just a guy who plays saxophone.
4,446 Posts
I would at least give it a quick test. What if it is awesome? You might buy 2,3, who knows how many other ones without finding one as good. Just make sure it is in the exact condition you got it in if you need to send it back. Also, if you do send it back, make sure to ask them to waive their "restocking and sanitizing" fees since it wasn't in as new condition.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
2,090 Posts
Since both WWBW and Weiner send mouthpieces out on "approval", it's safe to assume that there's a reasonable probablity that you'll be sent one that wasn't approved and sent back. As long as there's no damge to the tip, rails, or table and you like the way it plays, keep it. In a few weeks it'll probably have some of your own personal little dings and scratches. That's the price we pay to be offered the option to try a mouthpiece and send it back.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's the price we pay to be offered the option to try a mouthpiece and send it back.
I cannot agree more. The piece I returned will go to someone else one day. To be honest, this piece plays ok and no dings/scratches. But a new piece with faded logo? I really cannot accept it, fading logo indicated it has been used a lot! WWBW agree to make exchange and they pay the postage. If the new one is worse than this one I bet I will go crazy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.