Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter's alto is an older Selmer Bundy, however the neck included with it is from a Vito alto (think may be the Leblanc assembled with Yamaha parts).

Anyone familiar enough with those instruments to confirm if there's significant different in overall dimensions or octave vent placement to impact intonation, etc.

I was trying to compare the different octaves using a tuner, and the upper register does have a tendency to play pretty sharp although this isn't totally unusual. The reed I was using wasn't very pitch stable, so I may need to revisit this again with a harder reed.

here's a clip of me playing with it my jazz setup, but again the reed was very pitch sensitive as far as any changes in lip pressure etc. You can hear the pitchiness in spots...haven't been playing any alto for several years (like about 8) just an fyi.
http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=10175376&q=hi&newref=1

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
My daughter's alto is an older Selmer Bundy, however the neck included with it is from a Vito alto (think may be the Leblanc assembled with Yamaha parts).

Anyone familiar enough with those instruments to confirm if there's significant different in overall dimensions or octave vent placement to impact intonation, etc.
I play a Buescher stencil tenor with a Vito (Beaugnier) neck. That's a good combination, with better intonation than an original Bundy neck. But that's for the French Vito neck, not the Vito/VSP. And for tenor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts