Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this Blue Runyon Tenor THE SPOILER piece for 0ver a year and I noticed that when Example it is sitting flat on the plate it looks like a 9 gold stamped before the Yunyon Logo on the Shank. I measured it at the tip and it measured around .085 This seems to be small for a #9 piece? Thanks Highnote145

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,319 Posts
I have had this Blue Runyon Tenor THE SPOILER piece for 0ver a year and I noticed that when Example it is sitting flat on the plate it looks like a 9 gold stamped before the Yunyon Logo on the Shank. I measured it at the tip and it measured around .085 This seems to be small for a #9 piece? Thanks Highnote145
Runyon numbers are notoriously higher than, say, an Otto link of the same opening. However, that 9 should be closer, I'd say, to .100". I had an 8 Levelaire made by Runyon which was about a .095." Here's the chart from their website: http://www.runyonproducts.com/tenor.facings.html

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm questionable about that chart because my Runyon is an 11 and that chart would put that at 106. I can tell by comparison to my Ponzol M1 115 that is definitely higher than that, since the Runyon is much more bright and powerful. I want to say yours is 115 -120, but every mouthpiece chart I can find says something different.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts