Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering if anyone reading this may have heard the qsc k8 vs k8.2 speakers side by side?

I'm considering picking up a QSC K8.2 as a personal monitor for my sax, my keyboard and sometimes backing tracks.
The reviews and specs show the improvements on the K8.2, but a keyboard player that I occasionally work with says that the K8 sounds better.

Just wondering if any one has any first hand experience with the two.
THANKS!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
You need a 2000 watt speaker for a monitor?

Go get a Yamaha DBR10. It's a 700 watt speaker. Weighs WAY less, and sounds great.

I'm just wondering if anyone reading this may have heard the qsc k8 vs k8.2 speakers side by side?

I'm considering picking up a QSC K8.2 as a personal monitor for my sax, my keyboard and sometimes backing tracks.
The reviews and specs show the improvements on the K8.2, but a keyboard player that I occasionally work with says that the K8 sounds better.

THANKS!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

THANKS!

FYI.
I ended up buying the QSC K8.2 and so glad that I did.
I also use it for keyboards and yes, I do need the 2000 watts. It provides a very clean sound and lots of headroom.
Take care everyone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts