Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Sax Historian
7,153 Posts
Too bluesy. Didn't we establish in some other thread that the nino can't be convincingly bluesy? It only has credibility as some kind of squealing primitive chanter pipe.
:lol:
Seriously tho, this is good. But you could push it past soprano range. At least to prove something to the musicologists.

·
Banned
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the clip Joe. Maybe some others would like to hear it as well? Awesome playing.

Hi Paulwl, Yea, we get the bagpipe razz a lot plus freakin out the dogs. You're right in that the piece only goes up to the equivalent of a high E on soprano. No matter. Not sure about others, but the timbre of the nino (for me) is so different to soprano that I consider it a unique sound. It inspires a different vibrato, and playing style to any of the other saxes. I recently picked up an E&R C sop expecting that it would have a different timbre to soprano but was disappointed. It plays well and in tune, but unless you "need" to read in C it isn't different enough for my wants. Nino is a completely different sounding beastie and that's why I like it.

·
Banned
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, new nino piece posted that's less laid back. It's on the same page called "push push". This is about my limit in terms of tempo I can keep up with. The guitar is doing the usual loop thing but with a bounce that effectively doubles the tempo. I'm playing sparsely as it's primarily a guitar piece and I'm just a bit of spice.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I've always enjoyed the guitarist's tone. Being that I'm playing the guitar
these days I appreciate it more.
I like spice Wade...All I hear or have ever heard from you, is passion.

You're not afraid to play from your heart. That may sound like a typical statement but
through my experience it appears that playing from one's heart is foreshadowed by the need to be someone they're not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts