Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Distinguished SOTW Member
4,668 Posts
you should play one of the rubber ones they made . great jazz horn0the biggest sound of any clarinet i have ever picked up. have a coin silver linner in the bore. greatly enhances projection and they have the second biggest bore of any clarinet ever made(next to the b&h ) this model is called the silverthroat

4,668 Posts
rog- some time ago another silver throat owner who was an engineer measured his and it was close to .600! lets just say the bore is really big! only the boosey imperial 1010 is bigger that i know of. try this horn out for big band! its perfect for this as it really projects and the rubber needs less warm up . with synth reeds you should get a HUGE sound out of it. i really love mine and even bought a second one as a spare. i played a lot of german music and dixie with mine as well as big band.

4,668 Posts
for german band i use a woodwind larry coombs 3 with bay lig . for traditional big band i use a brilhart tonalin (vintage model) and for contemp big band and dixie i use a rico metalite with harrison lig.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.