Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Im just writing this thread to ask your opinions on my situation.

Ordered a Yamaha YAS-875EX from Ozwinds USA on the 14th of June. So all fine and dandy, pay the whole thing all up to be shipped to South Australia

Its still pending after 5 days, the next day the order status has been moved to processing.

It says this

Your order is being processed and has been transferred to Prowinds (our preferred shipper).
Your product will be shipped from Prowinds in order to ensure quick delivery within the United States..
Please note that your credit card billing will show Prowinds.
If you have any questions regarding shipping times or progress of your order, Please feel free contact our preferred shipping store.

Okay fair enough so I get this message the next day.

Hello Ken,
I have received your order for the YAS-875EX. We are expecting a shipment of these in a day or two, so your order will be shipped in 2-3 days.
You will receive a shipment notification via email when it leaves our store.
Thanks,
Sarah

(from prowinds)

Okay so being patient I wait, still havent got a shipping ticket by the friday so I wait the entire next week still no shipping ticket. I get an email saying

Hi Ken-

We have confirmed that your saxophone is currently in the Yamaha Custom Shop. They set them up prior to shipping them to dealers. I expect us to receive it by the end of the week.

Kind Regards,

Dean Foster
Pro Winds

I think fair enough, so now its Thursday and despite my attempts to call, email and contact prowinds I have had no success. And the funny thing is I emailed MUSIC 123 to price match yesterday, today i got a prompt email saying they would match the ozwinds price plus a free saxophone case.

Do I have a right to be annoyed?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,268 Posts
I think you have a right to be annoyed. Whether or not your annoyance is justified is another issue.

I believe these instruments may not be plentiful. They (your chosen dealer) have been upfront and communicative and seem to be doing the best they can.

We all know what it is like to set your mind on something, then have to wait for it. I just went through that on a property sale. And I'm most likely to go through it again soon on a car purchase.

BUT, when you want something other than low-quality stuff, sometimes you just must wait for it. Good luck with your purchase. DAVE

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
844 Posts
Dean is the owner (I think). You might try corresponding with him as much as possible.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update, after finally getting through the prowinds phone service they told me they have just received it. Excellent service, very polite and all the frustration is getting a response.

Should ship today

1 - 4 of 4 Posts