Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed an order for an Otto Link tenor sax 6* (metal) on August 19. Since then I can´t get a response from them (track, order status etc).
I have sent several e-mails asking for my order but they never answer.
Any input or experience recently?

I can´t even cancel my order, unbelievable

·
Registered
Martin Indiana tenor sax. Yamaha 5 C mouthpiece, Rico Metalite 7 mouthpiece. Use synthetic reeds.
235 Posts
I bought a SKB tenor sax case from Prowinds due to the low cost. It is stated on their website, delivery will be 24-48 hours. Since I ordered it over a week ago, thought I would have it. When i check my order it states it is pending. Did reach someone in customer service yesterday. He stated there are delays at the manufacturer. How long is reasonable to wait on the delivery?

·
Registered
841 Posts
I had a similar experience in my first order from them and probably what will be my last. I had an order that shipped from 2 different locations (one direct from the manufacturer and other from them), as well as one that was back ordered. They gave me 1 tracking number which happened to be the one from the manufacturer which came quickly. I tried contacting them about the rest of the items but never got a reply. I ended up a week later getting the rest of the non-backordered items. Then after a while the backordered item just showed up with no contact about that. So, I did get all my items but communication was 0.

·
Registered
Martin Indiana tenor sax. Yamaha 5 C mouthpiece, Rico Metalite 7 mouthpiece. Use synthetic reeds.
235 Posts
Thanks. I called them back and has been shipped. Hopefully by tomorrow I can get a tracking number. Have ordered from them four times and had no issues. Their prices are very good. Yes this is my last order with them.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
In the past decade+ there has been several threads in SOTW about mixed experiences with Prowinds, many negative. If you enjoying gambling...

·
Registered
235 Posts
In the past decade+ there has been several threads in SOTW about mixed experiences with Prowinds, many negative. If you enjoying gambling...
Before I buy again, I will have to look at reviews about companies.This is the first bad experience I had with any musical supply company. Have bought from them at least four times without issues. But this is the last time. Wonder if I would have got it, if I didn't call them.

·
Registered
T880, YTS-82Z; B991; 'Crat 1 alto
1,389 Posts
I have found out, sometimes the hard way, that when something looks like a real deal on the internet, one offered only on one site and no where else, it usually it is because it is a total scam.

From what I understand, Prowinds is not a scammer per se. Sometimes they do have what they claim to have in stock, and sometimes eventually ship it to the customer.

However, I do know from personal experience, and have seen umpteen comments reflecting similar experiences of others, that Prowinds has ZERO customer service and a high percentage of customer DISservice. To say they are unreliable is a severe understatement.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have found out, sometimes the hard way, that when something looks like a real deal on the internet, one offered only on one site and no where else, it usually it is because it is a total scam.

From what I understand, Prowinds is not a scammer per se. Sometimes they do have what they claim to have in stock, and sometimes eventually ship it to the customer.

However, I do know from personal experience, and have seen umpteen comments reflecting similar experiences of others, that Prowinds has ZERO customer service and a high percentage of customer DISservice. To say they are unreliable is a severe understatement.
Yeah. The old saying, if it is to good to be true... Although I expected them to have the item in their inventory.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yeah. The old saying, if it is to good to be true... Although I expected them to have the item in their inventory. If not for the pandemic I would have bought locally. Did find a few music store near me, that I can order from online.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Customer service was alright, representative had good customer service skills. Before I bought wish that I knew in was not in their store inventory. Received the SKB tenor sax case from Prowinds today. Ordered on March 17, was sent on March 26,tracking number was entered March 29th.

·
Registered
AS600, V16 M A6, La Voz M - Bundy II, S80 C* La Voz MH... with Pink M|O
1 Posts
Adding my personal experience to the list.

Placed two orders there past December/January of 2020-2021.
the first was a single ligature, came with no issue
the second includes some odds and ends and a mouthpiece, with heavy delays.
Prowinds does not keep all inventory items in stock when products are claimed to be in. Instead, however, they order the stock for manufacturers once they receive the order from a customer. This meant I waited for three weeks on pending until l emailed, finding this out, and inevitability canceling the mouthpiece part of the order.

Customer service worked only within a 9-5, often one email a day... the process of figuring out what was happening and getting resolved took around 4 days

While prices are good, I would not recommend purchasing from a retailer that doesn't have physical stock they claim to do.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts