Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
SOTW Columnist/ Forum Contributor 2014, Disti
2,983 Posts
A lot of good ideas so far about protecting the horns. I use a heavy duty bicycle chain to hook the case handles (alto & tenor) to any solid item in the area of the stage. Maybe under the stage and chain them to a leg or crossbar while the band is loading in. If I am going on break (away from the room) I put the chain around the bottom curve of the bells then attach them to something solid.

·
SOTW Columnist/ Forum Contributor 2014, Disti
2,983 Posts
I have never had a sax stolen. Been very fortunate. I had a tenor and bari damaged by a drunk mom who slid on the slick dance floor into the stage area past my monitor. The tenor neck was bent down and a dent in the bari bell. We were playing for a frat party for the students and their parents.

But I did have a nice expensive stand mic stolen at an Atlanta hotel years ago. We were playing for a convention and had left the ballroom to eat at the restaurant that was on the same floor. When I returned the mic was gone. I asked a couple of the waiters if they had seen the person. Of course they had not seen anything. I now use a cheaper mic in those situations.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts