Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had the opportunity to try it this afternoon and I would recommend it too. I too felt that the Bb keys are a bit little wider than the regular Antigua product, but maybe because I have small hand. In all, I think the Pro-one has surpass my expectation and certainly met the hype it has generated in the last few months.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I hate that. I have a Conn shooting star that I can barely bridge the bis b gap with my finger. I hate trying to play that horn. Can't understand why they ever got it they ever made it like that. Pretty sure my holton c-melody is that way too. Gonna sell that one and the conn because of it.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,640 Posts
I hate that. I have a Conn shooting star that I can barely bridge the bis b gap with my finger. I hate trying to play that horn. Can't understand why they ever got it they ever made it like that. Pretty sure my holton c-melody is that way too. Gonna sell that one and the conn because of it.
I bet a good tech could fix that for you.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Maybe so, but I have a buescher c mel and a couple tenors that I prefer anyway. Not worth doing to either horn for me. Wonder what that would cost to do though. Just seems odd that the spacing would be that large in the first place.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
my Kohlert tenor has a BIG bis key and it is perfect .... my new king is too far...im having a tech remove the pearl and solder on a silver mercury dime as a bis key...i cant wait!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I try the ProOne in the shop as well, for me the spacing between B and the Bis Bb key is fine.

I do rememebr reading that comments in another line which a P mauriat worker post the similar comments about the Pro One. It was a really funny thread because that guy was opening admiting he was working for P mauriat in one thread and attacking other people in some other thread.

Anyway, I did try it in the shop and specially check out on this point, for me it is fine. But I guess everyone has different preference (some people does have a smaller hand) but I do agree with one thing that this is a great horn which I would recommend to others.

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
A ProOne silver plated tenor would look nice,only gold lac on there site.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts