Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Out of Office
Grafton + TH & C alto || Naked Lady 10M || TT soprano || Martin Comm III
30,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this function available for members?

I see the "promote to article" button under posts, but if I attempt to promote, I don't have permissions.

A few weeks back I reported that I could promote to article, as I wasn't sure that members should be able to do this.

It's fine if members can't, but then the button should not be visible should it?

PS: it was Toby's post here:

http://forum.saxontheweb.net/showth...one-holes-for-everyone!&p=1369513#post1369513

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015
2,460 Posts
Pete, A quick test shows that I can not promote one of your posts. But it looks like I can promote one of my own.

I agree that the promote button should only be visible and click-able when the user has authorization.

Another way to do this would be to have a button that sends an instant message to the author of the post recommending they promote it to being a new thread.

Yes I can promote my own to being an unpublished article

·
Forum Founder
3,878 Posts
Is this function available for members?

I see the "promote to article" button under posts, but if I attempt to promote, I don't have permissions.

A few weeks back I reported that I could promote to article, as I wasn't sure that members should be able to do this.

It's fine if members can't, but then the button should not be visible should it?

PS: it was Toby's post here:

http://forum.saxontheweb.net/showth...one-holes-for-everyone!&p=1369513#post1369513
Sorry, it has taken so long for me to reply.

I fixed the permissions, and now SOTW members in good standing should be able to promote articles to be published on the "SOTW Portal". The actual publishing will be taken care by me and the forum administrators.

I published JL's Blues reply requested earlier.

·
Registered
231 Posts
What Pete Thomas pointed out still applies - I see a Promote to Article under ever post, by every member, but I just tried promoting the previous post, out of curiosity, and I get a notice saying I don't have the proper permissions.

I agree; it would be better if the link was hidden, except when we have the necessary permissions to use it - for most of us, that would just be on our own posts, presumably.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
ALTO: Medusa- 82zii, TENOR: Medusa, BARI: b901, SOP: sc991
7,905 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.