Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, yesterday I bought an Orsi-Milano tenor saxophone. It looks old and it has the serial number H47xx. I wonder when it's made and if Orsi is an popular brand.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,865 Posts
It is difficult to say, you could phone them but the company has been reducing its activities lately. They don't know it themselves from a SN list they will look at the picture of your horn and give you a wide estimation of when it was made based on stylistic elements, that's what they did to me.

Orsi was a good company making decent saxophones under many brandnames along its own. The horns are adequate but nothing special, their sound is nice. Aside the very special Curved sopranino and Bass and Contrabass saxophones Orsi was never a " popular" brand (and those horns were not exactly made in huge amounts!)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is difficult to say, you could phone them but the company has been reducing its activities lately. They don't know it themselves from a SN list they will look at the picture of your horn and give you a wide estimation of when it was made based on stylistic elements, that's what they did to me.

Orsi was a good company making decent saxophones under many brandnames along its own. The horns are adequate but nothing special, their sound is nice. Aside the very special Curved sopranino and Bass and Contrabass saxophones Orsi was never a " popular" brand (and those horns were not exactly made in huge amounts!)
Thank you. I have one issue with the saxophone. It's easily switch between the lowest and the mid octave. I have to focus really much on trying to keep the octave down. Do you have any advice?

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,865 Posts
next to impossible to say what's causing that without seeing the horn . I suggest you go to see a technician for that ( a little oil and a check up is never wasted on a old horn) . I think you might have a leak or a hanging open (side?) octave key .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts