Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something very strange going on. If I am not logged in, the forum displays normally. When I log in, most of the forum categories disappear. I've found no way to display the rest of the forum when using my Android phone.

·
Administrator
1,521 Posts
Hi there,

Are you using the enhanced mobile view, or the desktop view? What sections are missing when you log in?

Niall

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hello,
I encountered the same problem in enhanced mobile view yesterday and switched to desctp view.It did not show any category except marketplace and few more.

·
Administrator
1,521 Posts
Hello,
I encountered the same problem in enhanced mobile view yesterday and switched to desctp view.It did not show any category except marketplace and few more.
Hello there,

Can you grab me a screenshot of what you're seeing?
I'll see if I can replicate this.
Also, which browser/device are you using?

Ed

·
Registered
191 Posts
Here you are,Ed
What you see is the screenshots ( I had to make two by scrolling down) from my enhanced mobile view page.
These are the only options.
I am still using desktop view and just yesterday I joined tapatalk, I am typing my reply as we speak in it.
I also noticed that Tapatalk is only way to post images on SOTW, is that correct?
Thanks for your help
P.S. the device I am using is Poco F1 with Android 9 version and MIUI 10 operating system.

Cheers
Artem

Отправлено с моего POCO F1 через Tapatalk

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hello again,
I use Xiaomi browser to open SOTW page.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi there,

Are you using the enhanced mobile view, or the desktop view? What sections are missing when you log in?

Niall
Yes, this is enhanced mobile view. When I log in I see Announcements, For New SOTW Members, The Marketplace, Vendors and Babillard Francophone de SOTW, plus an ad between members and marketplace. I just found out where to switch to Desktop view, and using that everything displays normally, so that is how I will keep it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi Kymarto,
I'v figured as much.But question is ( for everybody else) is this enhanced mobile view as it should be? Does not sound like enhanced view at all .
Cheers,
Artem

·
Administrator
1,521 Posts
Hi Kymarto,
I'v figured as much.But question is ( for everybody else) is this enhanced mobile view as it should be? Does not sound like enhanced view at all .
Cheers,
Artem

If you go in the top right tab, you can exit out of enhanced mobile view at the very bottom.
That will redirect you to the desktop view.

Ed

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thank you, Ed.
I know how to switch between two views.And I'v been using desktop view long time ago.
But what are the benefits of using enhanced mobile view then?

·
Registered
191 Posts
So this is Tapatalk view:
You can see forum's directories and when you tap on SOTW forum you get to subdivisions, that are vast ...( see thumbnails)
And desktop version works similarly just the design is different and I am not going to supply screenshots ad we all know how they look.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Now I am at my enhanced mobile view main page ( I circled forums indexes).You would expect it to work the same way you used to brows forum.Except it shows me only Announcements, Market place, For New SOTW members, Vendors, Merchant ads,and french speaking section of this forum which is usually to be found at the very bottom of menu.(See screenshots in my first post to Admin Ed)
I can also see private messages and new posts but I can not say that these two versions function equally and can substitute each other.
Wonder if it's just me or am I asking too much from this feature, Enhanced mobile view .

Thanks again
Artem

·
Registered
686 Posts
You are not alone Artem, I see the same on my phone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts