Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
7,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to change some of the words in my signature. But the site won't let me complete it saying:

Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 3 line(s). Long text may have been implicitly wrapped, causing it to be counted as multiple lines.

Funny thing is; I've already got 5 lines. I am not trying to make the signature longer, but instead shorter (but still with 5 lines). Thanks for any help.

·
Administrator
17,262 Posts
I've also seen that remark in the past and don't think we (the SOTW moderators) can do anything about that (the site owners probably can).

You could also try to summarize your four horn lines on one or two lines only like this:

A: B&S Medusa, Selmer Mark VI (low A), Yamaha yas-82zii | T: B&S Medusa
B: Yanagisawa B-901 with Barone neck | S: Yanagisawa SC-991

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,888 Posts
I imagine it was a policy change, possobly when the new owners took over. What would happen is existing signatures do not get cut down to the new 3 line max, but you won't be allowed (by the software configuration) to edit and retain more than that.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
7,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. I guess I’ll be leaving my signature as it is for a good while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts