Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Note that my recent order to 1Stop Clarinet and Sax Shop went unfilled for at least two weeks, with no communications.

Emailed seller to request status: went unanswered

Put in a dispute claim with PayPal: pending

Called their phone, got "mailbox full" from automated response.

*DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER*

Spread the word.

http://1stopclarinet.stores.yahoo.net/

·
Just a guy who plays saxophone.
4,129 Posts
Same thing going on here. Regret buying from them just to save a few bucks...never again. Hope PayPal sorts it out for me. I wish I had known the back story on these "people" before ordering, or I never would have.

Here is my thread from earlier this month that goes into the same thing, and talks about the things these "people" have done.

http://forum.saxontheweb.net/showth...sax-shop-horribly-inadequate-customer-service

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe its time to up the response...something along the lines of letters to the local (to the merchant) attorney general for the city or county? at least to consumer affairs board or similar.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,272 Posts
if you do a thread search you will find those folks have had plenty of trouble with the law.

·
Banned
3,000 Posts
You'll get your order. Every time I start to get concerned about an order from 1stop, it seems to arrive within a day or two. I think it's a very small operation without a customer service department. But I've never had a problem with any order once it's arrived.

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update- PayPal refunded the payment to me. No response from seller regarding my claim of "non receipt" of goods, to me or to Paypal. So that's relatively easy. But God help you if you get a wrong or partial shipment from them... you'd never get it resolved.

Spread the word... do not buy from these people! (and I use the term loosely)
WWBW does a nice job on price matching and has great customer service.

Now can someone tell me why the heck I have "e-mail problem" in my profile!? I've looked and dont see a problem..

·
Just a guy who plays saxophone.
4,129 Posts
Funny, 3 days (the exact amount of time to ship something from their place to mine) after posting that Paypal had denied my claim and sending them a rather scathing email about it; I received my item. No apology, no nothing. Their site clearly states that a refund will be issued if a back-ordered item is not available for 30 days, and obviously that passed with nothing. I will never order from them again.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I bought a Gigliotti alto sax mouthpiece from them about a year ago -- no problems, and it's my favorite piece for concert work.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Wish I'd found this "review" before I ordered from them. Order of 1/18/14 was billed on 1/21.....then nothing. I didn't use Paypal...paid with my debit card....so now this is in dispute with MasterCard. No replies to email....no response to my request to cancel the order.....and even a year after the original post, their voice mail box is still full and not accepting messages. I still say......avoid these people!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts