Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all:

I'm testing out the market for saxophone neck bags, (see attached photo). I use a very high quality soft fleece material, and can match the color of the interior of your vintage saxophone case. These bags have a pouch with velcro closure for your favorite mouthpiece and have a nice drawstring closure at top of pouch. These do a good job of protecting those expensive necks and ensure that your neck doesn't inadvertantly bang around and cause damage to your horn. For a little extra I can monogram or place embroidered logo's etc.

Price will start around $17.00 + shipping from Arizona

Let me know if your interested via "pm"

Thanks in advance,

Scott C

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
Scott - I like the colour choices and the placement of the mpc pouch. Negatives - if it's not padded, I wouldn't use it. I use neck and mpc pouches regularly (down the bells of my horns) and have for a good decade and I'm satisfied with the KIWI pouches. You might find a niche for your bags but for me, I would need to take a close look at the padding.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gary:

Thanks for your inputs, I'll take those into consideration. As for padding, the material is fairly thick and it's doubled so I think these provide as good of protection as any I've seen on the market. I made this as a result of my Conn alto neck flying around in my case when carrying it. This pouch ensures that the neck stays in the neck compartment and also provides a padded barrier.

Regards,

Scott

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,528 Posts
How about a Velcro option instead of a drawstring? And I like the placement of the mouthpiece pouch too.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I'm logged in but when I try to view the jpg get this response from the server:
"you do not have permission to access this page..."

What's the special requirement?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your patience, I am looking into this and will get it corrected ASAP.

Thanks,

Scott

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/ Forum Contributor 2011
2,574 Posts
If I were going to put a neck in there, padding would be key, and the whole thing needs to be somewhat snug in the bell so it doesn't rattle around in there.

If you want to distinguish your product, I'd look for something in addition to the colors and monogramming, say 1/4"-1/2" memory foam between the fleece layers. I might pay $35 or even $50 for such a bag if it were well made and I perceived it to be more protective and/or adaptable than the others already on the market.

Best of luck with your product.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
1,612 Posts
I can't see the picture either. So without being able to view your product, here's my $0.02...

I would prefer not having an extra mpc section and I definitely wouldn't want anything with Velcro (I don't want anything that could *possibly* scratch the finish on the horn or neck). I've made a few bags out of silversmith's cloth for my silver and gold-plated necks. If you'd offer something with padding sandwiched between silversmith's cloth (on the inside and out), I'd be interested.

Good Luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts