Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 256 Posts

·
Banned
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you support the music of Kenny G as a part of the broader jazz idiom, and are sick of GTESTERS dissin’ the guy then this is the post for you. Anecdotally the common traits of the archetypal GTESTER are:

a. They cant play
b. Often they cant hear
c. They haven’t recorded a CD let a lone sold millions.
d. They only shower intermittently
e. They don’t eat meat.

If you care to add to this list or support Kenny G in general, post away.

"GTESTERS" - these are poster's who are anti Kenny G. It’s a new phrase. I coined it. Let it be a part of the SOTW lexicon from here forth.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
If you are truly committed to your cause, you should consider changing your avatar to a Kenny G album cover. I'm pretty sure Getz and Gilberto would support that!

·
SOTW Administrator
26,204 Posts
If you support the music of Kenny G as a part of the broader jazz idiom, and are sick of GTESTERS dissin’ the guy then this is the post for you. Anecdotally the common traits of the archetypal GTESTER are:

a. They cant play
b. Often they cant hear
e. They don’t eat meat.

"GTESTERS" - these are poster's who are anti Kenny G. It’s a new phrase. I coined it. Let it be a part of the SOTW lexicon from here forth.
I can both play and hear. I have recorded a CD (as can anyone with a computer and a little knowledge). I don't have the distribution clout of a major label, so there are a ton of players better than me and Mr. Gorelick put together that haven't sold millions of recordings.

. I shower and eat meat.

Your whole argument has so many holes in it that I don't know where to begin.

I still don't care for his recordings, and detest the ones he made 'with' Pops.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,202 Posts

a. They cant play
b. Often they cant hear
e. They don’t eat meat.

trolling?

Please everyone spare us the misery of this thread.

·
Banned
2,991 Posts
Clearly this thread is meant to be sort of humourous, so let's not go nuts with the "so many holes" etc. If you don't get it, move on.

·
Banned
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can both play and hear. I have recorded a CD (as can anyone with a computer and a little knowledge). I don't have the distribution clout of a major label, so there are a ton of players better than me and Mr. Gorelick put together that haven't sold millions of recordings.

. I shower and eat meat.

Your whole argument has so many holes in it that I don't know where to begin.

I still don't care for his recordings, and detest the ones he made 'with' Pops.
Its not the point of this post, really. Guido started another post that would suit your view point:

http://forum.saxontheweb.net/showth...ar-in-Cambridge-MA-9-22&p=1749260#post1749260

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,202 Posts
As marton suggests, Move On.
It looks like you have been around here long enough with 2410 posts to your credit to have seen enough Kenny g threads to know what's happening with that. Ok now I will move on at my own pleasure thank you.

·
Banned
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It looks like you have been around here long enough with 2410 posts to your credit to have seen enough Kenny g threads to know what's happening with that. Ok now I will move on at my own pleasure thank you.
BSTROM - I respect your right of opinion, but i am trying to garner some support for the guy, in a tongue in cheek way. I have all the rollins, gordon, getz and trane cd's, and KG as well beleive it or not. I didnt mean to offend you and i apologize if i did.

·
SOTW Administrator
26,204 Posts
BSTROM - I respect your right of opinion, but i am trying to garner some support for the guy, in a tongue in cheek way. I have all the rollins, gordon, getz and trane cd's, and KG as well beleive it or not. I didnt mean to offend you and i apologize if i did.
I actually have some CDs of music I hate. It's not really that unusual.

·
Forum Contributor 2015, seeker of the knowing of t
4,344 Posts
a. They cant play
e. They don’t eat meat.

Hey Evan, wasnt it you calling me esoteric yesterday!:tsk:

:twisted::twisted:

·
Banned
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SP - Thats not esoteric - Its a tongue in cheek description of GTESTERS as basically, in American terms, dye for my art, tree hugging . . . . . liberals. And I cant use that term, i know.

1 - 20 of 256 Posts