Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Have a question.

I want to know what is the price of a NEW YAMAHA YAS23 and YAS275 in US market?

I'm getting these instruments for around $2700 in India from Yamaha Music Square. Are they really this costly?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hey guys. Have a question.

I want to know what is the price of a NEW YAMAHA YAS23 and YAS275 in US market?

I'm getting these instruments for around $2700 in India from Yamaha Music Square. Are they really this costly?
Not to be a smart ***, but since you have internet access, why not simply go to google or bing and do a search? Type in "new yamaha yas23 alto saxophone." I recently sold a "like new" YAS23 for $400.00 with a couple mpc's, case, reeds, strap, swabs, etc. Why would you want to buy a new one when there are perhaps hundreds of them in the used market?

·
Registered
606 Posts
The major music stores, like Sam Ash and Musician's Friend, generally have the YAS-23 listed for about $1700-$1800, and the intermediate horns for a couple of hundred more.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the input guys..

but i'm a bit confused now.. the YAS275 (which is advanced version of YAS23) is listed for £800 ($1100 approx.) on sax.co.uk .. why is there such a drastic price difference between sax.co.uk and Sam Ash/Musician's Friend ?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
17,970 Posts
800 british pounds = $1400usd

Whatever the price, give or take a few hundred.....it is an absolutely ABSURD price for a 23. Just boggling.

You can get a completely overhauled 6M or Buescher 400 or Couf Superba (the list goes on) for that money.

I recently sold a "like new" YAS23 for $400.00 with a couple mpc's, case, reeds, strap, swabs, etc. Why would you want to buy a new one when there are perhaps hundreds of them in the used market?
Yup....a used 23 in fabulous shape only runs (at most) about $500-550 (one with aesthetic wear but playing OK about $375-400 or so).....even with international shipping and customs taxes added, you'd come out at $750 at absolute worst...

That retail price has zero connection to market reality....I cannot fathom why anyone would buy a new one for that sorta $....

·
Registered
112 Posts
I work for Sam Ash Music, and I can tell you that yamaha yas-23 sells new for $1299.99. Our stores do get traded in 23's swell and depending on condition can sell from 400-800 depending on that stores particular market.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you go to the big music stores a YAS 23 will sell new for $1300-1400

1 - 7 of 7 Posts