Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is the birthday of Gerry Mulligan. I am taking this occasion to preview a project the Morgan Mouthpiece Company is working on. Gerry played on a mouthpiece made by M.C. Gregory and those old Gregory bari sax mouthpieces are in high demand today. The Morgan Company recently acquired an original M.C. Gregory baritone saxophone mouthpiece mold and made a hard rubber prototype from the mold. Production on this model should start later this Spring. This has been a fun project to work on and these will be great mouthpieces.

Check out the blog for photos and crude video of our results so far. We will have much more information on this and other baritone pieces we are working on soon.

https://www.morganmouthpieces.com/blogs/news/hacked-preview-of-our-new-baritone-saxophone-mouthpiece

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009-
2,759 Posts
Thanks for the picture of the actual mouthpiece mold — I'd never seen one before!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Wow, that'll be interesting. I will certainly have to get me one of those when they come out.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Bass Sax Boss
1,815 Posts
M.C. Gregory sax mouthpieces are famous, partially because Paul Desmond (and maybe Cannonball Adderly) used one. But they made a great baritone mouthpiece, too and this new development is good news to me

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,889 Posts
M.C. Gregory sax mouthpieces are famous, partially because Paul Desmond (and maybe Cannonball Adderly) used one. But they made a great baritone mouthpiece, too and this new development is good news to me
Gerry Mulligan famously used one on bari. In fact, Charles Bay repaired his when he broke it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts