Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a copy of “Outlines of lesson plans for saxophones” by Gerald. R Prescott? It appears to be out of print and only at a few university libraries.

https://www.worldcat.org/title/outlines-of-lesson-plans-for-saxophones/oclc/7053065

It was part of the Prescott Technic Series that he developed for all band instruments. I believe the saxophone book was divided into two parts and am primarily interested in locating the first one.

I already have a copy of Universal-Prescott which contains the exercises but not the outlines for lesson plans.

I’ve recently started teaching saxophone lessons in middle school and high school and have been looking for a good approach to teaching Universal Method for Saxophone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'd love to get a copy of this as well, I had a private teacher that used the prescott system in conjunction with the universal method and it was probably the best learning structure I came across in my early days of playing. My son is starting to learn this year, this would be a great to have.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts