Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO!!
NOW I 'M GONNA START TO LEARN TENOR SAX.
SO,I'M THINKING TO BUY TENOR SAX,YTS275 OR ANTIGUA ZZ SERIES.
I JUST KNOW ABOUT "PRELUDE"TS-710 BY CONE-SELMER TODAY.

THERE IS NO DEALER WHO IMPORT PRELUDE.
EVEN OFFICIAL SELMAR DEALER IN JAPAN,DOESN'T IMPORT THEM.
SO MAY BE NO SHOP HAVE PRELUDE IN JAPAN.
I SEEK INTERNET,BUT THERE IS NO INFORMATION ABOUT PRELUDE.
THERE IS NO INFO IN YAHOO JAPAN AUCTION AND AMAZON JAPAN.

IS IT BETTER THAN YTS275 AND ANTIGUA?
HOW MUCH IN US?
HOW CAN I BUY THIS?

PLEASE GIVE ME ANY INFOMATION!!!
ALL THE BEST:mrgreen:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Honestly, I would stick with the YTS 275! The Selmer "Prelude" series is a decent student/intermediate saxophone but I wouldn't spend my money on one sight unseen! I can't answer for the Antigua ZZ series other than to say that the reviews I have read have all been generally positive. Of course, the Yamaha series is going to be good! The best advice I can give would be for you to try each instrument you can find until you find the one that "sings" to you! Don't go in with preconceptions! As a rule, stay away from the Chinese "knock-offs" but give the Taiwanese (at least the latest ones) models a chance too! The newest ones may surprise you! Good luck!

·
Registered
149 Posts
The Selmer "Prelude" series is a entry level student saxophone which is made in China. No offense, when it break down and trust me, it will! (sooner than you think.)
Most of the repariman will tell you to buy a new one rather than fixing it, because it will be easier and also cheaper to do so.

Yamaha is always know for the good quality and reliable serive but it comes with a cost. However, a second hand yamaha also has high value if you want to sell it later.

After all, it is one of the most recognized brand in the world.

Antigua ZZ series might be a special line which Antigua runs in Japan, which I can only say so far did not see any bad review on their product. It seems that they are not that well know in the market, sometime, I wonder if they know anything about marketing concept, eventhorugh their product are almost one of the best product in their price range.

so my suggestion is that you try out Yamaha and Antigua and then forget about "The Selmer "Prelude" series".

And then accoridng to your budget to make a decision on which one, because in my view that the cheapest yamaha is definetly not in the same league with top Antigua. but if you are planning to have a higher vale when you sell into 2nd hand market, than go for the Yamaha.

Hope this will help you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts