Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a chance to trade my YAS-52 for a Cannonball with no fancy stones. I think its a global series but not positive. Great shape and has both necks. I am asking because I played my student's Big Bell Stone Series and was blown away. Not sure if this would do the same thing. Any thoughts?

·
14,268 Posts
I wouldn't trade unless I'd made a side-by-side comparison before agreeing to a deal. Some CBs can be fine instruments, others not so much. DAVE

·
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I was able to compare. The CB won. Beautiful and built like a tank. Solid core, more open and free blowing than the Yamaha and the best intonation I have ever experienced on an alto. On the strobe it stayed green on the lower octave and just slightly sharp but controllable on the second octave. Palm keys also very much within my standards. It looks like a brand new horn with no trace of use anywhere. Subtones down to the bottom with no effort. The two necks didn't really make a difference, so that must be an improvement on the later series. Looks like a good trade to me.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I had a newer "stoned" alto and I didn't notice much difference in the 2 necks. The spare neck was a lifesaver the night I dropped one neck as I was getting ready to play.

·
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a newer "stoned" alto and I didn't notice much difference in the 2 necks. The spare neck was a lifesaver the night I dropped one neck as I was getting ready to play.
What I find interesting is that I have major problems with altissimo with the lacquered neck, but the notes pop out very nicely on the silver neck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts