Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on a trip to Puerto Rico for a family gathering. I embarrassingly left my tenor, which I meant to bring, inside when we were going out to the car. I've done a lot of listening (as usual) and singing/vocal improvisation (I even figured out a nice little triad enclosure melody very much in the spirit of Matt Otto), but I was wondering if anyone has advice on other ways I could practice without my horn for the next few days. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Work on Jazz Theory! It can't hurt!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
631 Posts
+1 Pete Thomas!!!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,715 Posts
Just be thankful that you left it secure in your house.....not forgotten on the ground outside your garage.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for giving me permission, Pete. That reminds me of an experience I had last year. I had pneumonia for two weeks and didn't play the whole time. When I got better and picked up the horn again, I was happily surprised to find that my tone was far better than it had been before.
Captain, though I don't have a garage, I'm very thankful I didn't leave it on the street or something...

·
Registered
38 Posts
well, you can always do fingerings without the horn. you can use a piece of wood or something if you want a surface to remind you of a saxophone, but i like to just imagine the fingerings, pretending the sax is in my hands and keeping it all cerebral and whatnot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts