Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Im looking for pool of songs or software that plays playback on specific key (and different kind of music- blues, jazz, relaxed, funk, etc...) and practice improvising with it.
I tried using youtube for playbacks but there are not many playbacks, it very finite.

I will be happy for suggestions.

thanks!

·
Registered
573 Posts
There are lots of play along books for different styles around.
Then there is band in box as was mentioned above.
If you have scores you could try a notation software like Sibelius that can also play back the score.
Or if you have piano skills you could use a DAW to create your own tracks, much more involving but also much more rewarding too.
And there is also the dark side of internet...

·
Registered
10 Posts
There's iReal Pro on android/iPhone/Mac too which might be a cheapish alternative?

You'll find a lot of songs/chord progressions/etc. already transcribed for it on their forums.

Cheaper still is another app (available for android phones/tablets at least, no idea about iOS): chordbot.

HTH,
Al.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, they are on 2016 for PC and 2015 for Mac.

The program is well worth paying for. Downloading it off a Torrent or something would be rather huge, it's something like 80+ gigs with all the real tracks. PG Music also has great upgrade plans when they release a new version.

Pirating it, like what it seems you want to do, will only kill it. There used to be several programs like Band in a Box around, but they have disappeared.

How can I get the password for Band in a box 2014?

·
Banned
2,478 Posts
If you have scores you could try a notation software like Sibelius that can also play back the score.
As a seasoned Sibelius user, I would strongly recommend using MuseScore 2 instead.
Freeware and I've completed a whole score before clicking 'save'.
A small task that would be courting disaster using Sibelius.

cheers, Mark.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts