Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With limited time one always seems be be sacrificed and for me it's nearly always exercise, :(

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
6,086 Posts
Both - Do your ear training while exercising. Listen to the songs you'll be playing on your next gig. Listen to a prior gig (always painful). Listen to someone who's playing you admire. Listen. Learn.

Without your health you have nothing.

If you're fit - you will play better.

Good luck!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Both - Do your ear training while exercising. Listen to the songs you'll be playing on your next gig. Listen to a prior gig (always painful). Listen to someone who's playing you admire. Listen. Learn
Exercise is one of the few times I can get a break from music. Which is a good thing to keep me somewhat balanced. But otherwise great suggestion.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I refuse to put myself in an either/or situation. If it means setting the alarm clock 1 hour earlier to get in some exercise, I do it.

Some (many) can avoid the topic for a long time (perhaps for decades) until a medical situation makes the decision for them.

Practicing music is equally important since it provides the exercise for the brain.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I have more focus and energy for practice if Im fit.. but Im almost 50, so maybe if you're younger you'll be fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts