Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At times we can get stuck in "Practice Mode". We should also spend time in the "Get Your Act Together Mode". When in GYAT mode I like to play a full "Set Of Tunes" back to back with solos as if I'm on stage. In "Practice Mode" I work out the possibilities. In "GYAT" mode I play non stop and allow notes to be resolved spontaneously just like in real performance. Playing in this manner helps to avoid the "stuck in a rut" feeling from playing the same things too much. Also adding or mixing up the "Set Of Tunes" helps keep the feeling of variety . Be realistic by imagining the audience and taking time to name the tune about to be played . You can also video tape your whole ready for stage GYAT performance and see what the audience will see. That will remedy stage fright if you have it sometimes. Join the discussion and let us know how you keep the fun and spontaneity in the music when at home or wherever you play alone.
Do you focus on being stage ready by playing full sets? Or play in no specific order of play? Do you self evaluate performance with video?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts