Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I was reading Leo Babauta's blog where he discusses motivation and basically said that one of the best way to keep motivated is to have some sort of (good) public pressure. He recommends using online forum to talk about what you wanna accomplish, what you did etc... He gave the examples of losing weight.
Well I thought "is there any forum where musicians have some a blog or part of a forum dedicated to that?" Like sharing your goals and keep a daily report of what you practice etc...
Could I use this forum to start my "blog" ?

Anyone interested?

·
Registered
763 Posts
You can type many things into a blog.
The pressure is only there if you receive regular and direct feedback.
Who'd be interested in your blog? Most of the personal blogs I know about have only a handful of followers.

Playing with others would be a more substantial incentive to do your work.
Some teachers would bite you too if they found out that you're slacking.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I like the idea as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it could be cool to find a section to have a place where we can discuss our own goals and progress and keep a daily track of what we are doing since this public pressure can really work.
Mikkeos : this year I started gigging a bit, I have usually 3-4 gigs/month, which is okay since I play in different context (duet, trio, quartet). I did progress A LOT with that, I was super lucky to find some more-advanced, inspiring peers. But for some reasons I have to find other ways to get better now. I need to spend time in the woodshed. I don't know maybe I live in a place where the level is not as high as it should be.
I think after my 3 week-vacation I'll start a blog and where I'll post my goals, keep a daily post of what I did, what I have to work etc.

The thing with a forum is that you can talk about it and see many other peers doing the same. It's more inspiring !

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,862 Posts
I've always thought it would be cool to have something like the "tune of the month" but with exercises that we all have easy access to--like Tim Price's or Pete Thomas'. I'd love to be able to compare notes with other players who are working on the same stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts