Sax on the Web Forum banner

Possible Health Problem from Growling/Flutter Effect?

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  cjsaxman 
Growling is kinda important if you're gonna make any real money playing these days. I'll learn and have a growl before, or if I ever come out of retirement.

Did you ever make a motor noise with your throat and tongue when you played with your toy cars? (Do young people even have toy cars?) If so, do that while you are blowing a note. I don't actually have my tongue touch the reed when I flutter tongue. I'm not consciously trying to roll my tongue, either. I just relax it and let it vibrated quickly on the roof of my mouth. If you run your tongue from behind the top teeth slowly toward the back of your mouth, you'll notice the roof of the mouth caves in towards the top of your skull. Just before it caves in, at the high spot, about 1/2 inch behind your teeth, is where the tip of my tongue vibrates when I flutter tongue. Also, I growl at the same time for added effect.
Do you stand on your head while doing all that for extra extra effect?

just kidding :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.