Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just won this mouthpiece and I'd like to know your experiences with this model. I already have the M2 SS and I'm very satisfied with it, is one of the best mouthpieces I tried in the last years (including metal Jody Jazz, metal Branchers, Vandoren V16, LT Guardalas, Berg Larsens, Otto Links STM, Runyon Jaguar, Runyon Smoothbore, Barone Jazz, SR Technologies, etc.)
Thank you in advance,
Luis Pablo

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,118 Posts
It's a nice piece - I actually liked it better than the M2SS.

·
Forum Contributor 2017
7,471 Posts
I couldn't tell what type of baffle it has, and if were any higher than the M1's but what I have found all the Ponzols I own or have owned they play great and are extremely consistent and reed friendly.

B

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
4,315 Posts
It the current ML type model..."Modern Link" that he used to have in brass. Not as bright as an M2 or M2 plus, but very strong with aa darker tone.

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
It's a good mouthpiece. If you have a SS M2, I think you'll find this a good pairing. The two mpcs run the range between both ends of the spectrum, from darkish Link tones to brighter, aggressive sounds for electronic bands or aggressive jazz playing. And since they both blow similarly and the fit in the mouth is the same, they do compliment each other very well. I've played the Vintage but decided to stick with my brass M1, to which I was accustomed and which covers most of the range of jazz and pop music I was playing. However, I kept my SS M2 because I think this mpc is superb and covers anything I need that is louder and brighter than my M1.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts