Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peter Ponzol Mouthpieces are back! Teresa and I (JunkDude Music) are taking over the administration and customer service functions of the Ponzol Mouthpiece Company so that Peter can focus on teaching and playing. The mouthpieces are being made by the same craftsmen Peter started with when he moved back to the USA from Europe. These are the craftsmen who made Ponzol mouthpieces from around 2006 - 2013. Since moving back to the US, Peter insisted on using only surgical or food grade materials…no more plated pieces. The pieces are all made from surgical stainless steel, food-grade delrin, anodized aluminum, and hard rubber.

There are a couple Neff reviews from 2009 for the Tenor Stainless M2 and Vintage Models…those are two of the pieces that are back in production again…same craftsman, materials, methods, etc.

Generally, the Ponzol pieces tend to be on the brighter and powerful size of the spectrum. EBO Models are molded and handcrafted. The other models (stainless, aluminum and delrin) are precision machined and hand faced. The quality, accuracy and consistency of the pieces are outstanding.

The new website is up and running at www.ponzolmouthpieces.com …it is functional, but still undergoing changes to photos, descriptions, etc. Any questions or inquiries can be sent to [email protected]

·
Registered
YTS 82Zii
415 Posts
I liked my old Ponzol M2+ and probably never should have sold the Ponzol 2000 with the adjustable baffle.

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,889 Posts
Ponzol and Morgan under one roof? It’s a crazy time we live in...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
866 Posts
Best wishes with this, I've had several Ponzol mouthpieces for almost 30 years. I'm using a plated M2+ on all of my R&B gigs.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
1,324 Posts
As the owner of nine Ponzol (3 bari, 4 tenor and two alto) pieces, I applaud this move. I think Peter has some of the highest quality, consistent pieces in the marketplace.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
1,324 Posts
I didn't even know they had left!
The old web site is still out there, but when you click on "Where to buy" there are no dealers listed and it says:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
Remaining products are only available from me. Dealers feel free to contact me as well as players.

Anything you see in a store nowadays is probably NOS.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Peter will probably change the old website in the next week or two as he has been on vacation for a few weeks. He does not maintain the website himself, so it may take some time for it to change.

Since 2014, because of some supply issues, the only pieces produced were: EBO Soprano, EBO Alto, EBO Tenor, Stainless Soprano, Stainless Alto, Stainless Tenor M2, and Stainless Tenor M2 Plus.

Now, along with all the above models, we are able to bring back the following models which have not been available since before 2013: Delrin Custom Soprano, Delrin Alto (coming soon), Stainless Vintage Tenor (my personal favorite), Delrin Vintage Tenor (coming soon), Aluminum Vintage Tenor, Delrin Custom Tenor, Aluminum M2 Tenor, Delrin Custom Baritone, and Stainless Baritone.

Production is not changing. All the mouthpieces will continue to made by the same craftsmen using the same materials and tooling.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts