Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
does anybody play on a Ponzol M2 for alto ?
could you please describe the sound, loudness? brightness? what are similar mouthpieces ?
many thanks

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
4,321 Posts
They are very loud....For me they are RNB type pieces. You can use them for a lot of situation because you can just back off, but the same cant be said for vintage type pieces. Thats why I like Ponzols....They have a lot of gears.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,319 Posts
They are very loud....For me they are RNB type pieces. You can use them for a lot of situation because you can just back off, but the same cant be said for vintage type pieces. Thats why I like Ponzols....They have a lot of gears.
Well said: "They have alot of gears." I can use my M2 Stainless on any style, since I don't play classical music.:) I'm talking tenor, by the way.

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
Well said: "They have alot of gears." I can use my M2 Stainless on any style, since I don't play classical music.:) I'm talking tenor, by the way.
I had an alto M1 and it wasn't a great match for me. Nothing wrong with the mpc at all, it was good, but it just didn't give me anything special over what I was already using. However (harrumph), I have one of the current Stainless Steel (SS) alto mpcs and it's a real winner. It's actually very versatile. Those who look at an alto mpc in metal and automatically think David Sanborn would be wrong. You could play the SS in a big band section and blend and you could also play it in a cover band setting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts