Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought 2 ponzols a couple years ago. The alto was gold plated w/ a round chamber 85 tip opening. WWBW called it a M85. Sound is dark for a metal piece. Paid $55 dollars(list was 255). The tenor piece is a Ebony mthpc w/ a brass end. Body of piece is rubber/part that goes on sax is brass. Tip is a 110 w/ a round chamber. It is also dark sounding. WWBW called it a Ebony 110. I paid $89 for it(suppsed list was 345).What are the official mdel nos of these pieces??????. I use the alto piece on occaision. I really like the tenor piece but even w/ a hemke 2 1/2 reed on it vs the 3 I use on my Selmer soloist C** my jaw hurts after about 10-15 minutes playing. Sounds great on my Selmer USA omega tenor even better on my Keilwerth SX-90 black nickel tenor.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I emailed Ponzol!!!Got a quick reply!!!The mouthpiece is at least ten years old. And the Ebony is real Ebony wood!!!!A wooden piece w/ a brass end. Places great now that I tried a Hemke 2 on it!!!!And despite what I have read a wood mouthpiece can project!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts