Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Announcing the return of the Ponzol Delrin Alto Saxophone Mouthpiece.

The Ponzol Company has its original USA-based craftsman back and we are able to offer pieces that disappeared around 2014 when he left the company. Now that we are working with him again, many of the older Ponzol models are available again.

The first Delrin Model Alto pieces have just been finished and are now available for the first time since 2014.

The Delrin Alto piece is unique in that it is the physical size and shape of a metal mouthpiece but it has the vibrational qualities of a rubber mouthpiece. It’s also a great all-weather piece for outdoor playing. It is a bright powerful piece that has depth and complexity to the tone. It is not as bright as the Stainless Steel Model. As far as I know, there is nothing else like it on the market. The closest things are the old plastic Dukoff Vibra-com pieces but these Delrin pieces are MUCH more durable and feel more like rubber.

For more information, check out: https://www.ponzolmouthpieces.com/

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
The website does not work on any of my browsers :scratch:

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,056 Posts
That's good news.

Do you know whether there is any thought of bringing back the Ponzol metal models that had a movable baffle that was locked in place with a screw ? I can't remember the model name, but it seemed like a good idea.

Rhys

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's good news.

Do you know whether there is any thought of bringing back the Ponzol metal models that had a movable baffle that was locked in place with a screw ? I can't remember the model name, but it seemed like a good idea.

Rhys
That one will probably not be coming back. Peter spent much of the 80s and 90s in Europe. He spent time on instrument design benches at Buffet, Keilwerth and RIA mouthpieces. His mouthpieces in the 80s and 90s were made by various European craftsmen and shops most of which are no longer alive. He moved back to the US in the early 2000s and started his current line with craftsmen here.

The piece you are referring to was a European-made piece. We do not have any current plans on bringing that one back, but never say never. We will be pretty busy this year bringing back all the older USA-made models.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,056 Posts
That one will probably not be coming back. Peter spent much of the 80s and 90s in Europe. He spent time on instrument design benches at Buffet, Keilwerth and RIA mouthpieces. His mouthpieces in the 80s and 90s were made by various European craftsmen and shops most of which are no longer alive. He moved back to the US in the early 2000s and started his current line with craftsmen here.

The piece you are referring to was a European-made piece. We do not have any current plans on bringing that one back, but never say never. We will be pretty busy this year bringing back all the older USA-made models.
Thanks for the reply.

I found it in a Woodwind & Brasswind catalogue from Fall/Winter 1999 where there was an advert for it that said:
The M2000 is an innovative new metal mouthpiece for alto and tenor with an adjustable tone chamber. A specially designed mechanism allows the baffle to be moved and locked into position. This gives the player the possibility to create a darker or brighter sound without changing the resistance in order to compensate for personal taste and various acoustical environments. Each M2000 mouthpiece has its own serial number and comes in a special padded pouch. This is the mouthpiece that does it all ! A UNIQUE LIMITED PRODUCTION MOUTHPIECE. AVAILABLE NOW.

Back to the Ponzol Delrin pieces now ...

Rhys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts