Sax on the Web Forum banner

Would you like to have a new section about RECORDING?

• Totally

Votes: 29 65.9%
  • I would like

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • I do not care about

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 11.4%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Selmer MarkVII Tenor
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI FRIENDS :
I found many threads related to how to record at home ( for analysis, for studying, for technique , hearing your practice, for publishing at soundcloud, youtube, et, etc ), and many questions about how to isolate the room, what mic to use, technique to record, how close to the microphone, cables, connections, etc...... but THERE IS NOT A DEDICATED SUBFORUM for this topic...

Do you like to have a dedicated subforum ?

a) Totally

b) I would like

c) I do not care about

d) No

I ask your opinion, and if this topic gets aproved by you, it could be possible that the Administrator of the site, may include it as a subforum section.

Many thanks for your answers.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
HI FRIENDS :
I found many threads related to how to record at home ( for analysis, for studying, for technique , hearing your practice, for publishing at soundcloud, youtube, et, etc ), and many questions about how to isolate the room, what mic to use, technique to record, how close to the microphone, cables, connections, etc...... but THERE IS NOT A DEDICATED SUBFORUM for this topic...

Do you like to have a dedicated subforum ?

a) Totally

b) I would like

c) I do not care about

d) No

I ask your opinion, and if this topic gets aproved by you, it could be possible that the Administrator of the site, may include it as a subforum section.

Many thanks for your answers.
Sure but isn't there a poll tool in this forum? That would count for you?

·
Registered
Selmer MarkVII Tenor
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dear mark_m : I entered into the section of Polls, but it does not say how to create the poll , in the form it is shown here at SOTW

·
Registered
718 Posts
A!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
7,134 Posts
With all respect, I don't think it is necessary. There are already many excellent websites about home recording. Many of the things you mention are not specific to the saxophone, such as sound-proofing a room, cables and connections.

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
12,799 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
With all respect, I don't think it is necessary. There are already many excellent websites about home recording. Many of the things you mention are not specific to the saxophone, such as sound-proofing a room, cables and connections.
Spoilsport:) But seriously, this is true - there are plenty of recording forums etc. Other side of the coin is that many on this forum may not be avid recordists and might appreciate a more "local" place to share experiences with mic selection, mic placement and similar things specific to saxophone, as well as general recording information. Just a thought. I've got my recording pretty sorted out so I wouldn't venture to any recording forums etc. but might check out posts here...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
7,356 Posts
Because I am too lazy to look, what are the multiple sections? I'm just curious.........
SOTW member recordings and reviews, SOTW member compositions and arrangements and the electronic equipment section. Also a couple others in the music and media section depending on what you're posting.

·
Registered
245 Posts
“Totally” -
those who want to banter esoterica with gear aficionados can go elsewhere, but simple recording issues often do pop up here.

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
12,799 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
A

Recording issues often pop up in different threads and subforums (which mic, which mic position, wich recording software, where to get good backing tracks, how to sync tracks, mixing questions, effects for sax ...) and could be bundeled.

·
Administrator
17,296 Posts
dear mark_m : I entered into the section of Polls, but it does not say how to create the poll , in the form it is shown here at SOTW
Humbardi, you have to add a poll yourself to the thread (during creation), it doesn't come on it's own.

I just added a poll to this thread with the answers you supplied by using the option: 'Thread Tools' -> 'Add a Pole to this thread'.

Would be nice if the people who already gave there opinion in the thread could also fill in the Pole option.

·
Administrator
17,296 Posts
I personally voted d) No, same reasons as littlewailer (and some others) already gave.

There is not a real clear option now on the forum right now, but I think both of these sub forums under 'Music and Media' could be used (and are already used) for recording questions:

- Notation Software, MIDI, etc (Recording could be seen as 'etc'):
https://forum.saxontheweb.net/forumdisplay.php?158-Notation-Software-MIDI-etc

- SOTW Member Recordings & Reviews:
https://forum.saxontheweb.net/forumdisplay.php?68-SOTW-Member-Recordings-amp-Reviews

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
A: Yes- I had desktop recording and mixing classes and love playing around with it. I'd very much enjoy hearing other peoples' recordings and to continue learning. If there was a whole thread on recording, there could be sub topics such as differences between DAWS, mic placment, mixing/mastering, effects, production, etc.- I realize it may be getting too far removed from saxophone (although when I record, it's pretty much always for saxophone/flute and I arrange and compose), but the forum is so heavily a marketplace, etc. at this point that it needs something to change the focus back to making music IMO. All topics could be generally geared toward recording saxophone/doubling instruments, horn lines, etc.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts