Discussion Starter #1
What is your favorite soprano ligature?

For HR?
For Metal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,364 Posts
Rico H on ebonite, I'm not really a metal mpc on soprano sort of chap....

·
Registered
923 Posts
I can only speak for what I've used/am using, but for my Vandoren S25 the inverted Vandoren 2-screw is the best fitting and sounding lig I've tried. For metal pieces (Selmer, Yanagisawa) I've used in the past, a Winslow ligature was the very best - nothing else let the reed speak as clearly through the whole range of the horn.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,268 Posts
HR- Selmer two-screw
Metal - Link (I've owned other metals over time but didn't like them; and I rarely play the Links anymore). DAVE

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For my Meyer 6M HR I was using a classic 2 screw. Then I took a Winslow that I use for my alto and using a piece of rubber as a spacer tried that. Well, holy moly what a difference. I ordered a new soprano Winslow lig today from John Winslow himself. Haven't tried a metal mpc.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,033 Posts
I liked my Harrison gold but it won't fit the Yamaha I now use, only the Selmer so I use a standard 2-screw. Anyone need a Harrison?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ha! Funny...I have the same problem wit the tiniest Harrison lig I have seen. It's an A2. Probably good for a sopranino.

I liked my Harrison gold but it won't fit the Yamaha I now use, only the Selmer so I use a standard 2-screw. Anyone need a Harrison?

·
Registered
240 Posts
The Olegature I bought for my Beechler just happens to fit the HR soprano piece I use. Unlike the Beechler it is actually being used. I believe the size is 315-17.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Bonade inverted for hard rubber. I have never used a metal soprano piece (well, since a long time ago, I used a metal Selmer E in college, it wasn't mine. Neither was the horn, unfortunately...).

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,528 Posts
Rovner Dark for metal. And this one is probably the most important of all my lig choices. The Rovner really takes some of the edge off of the soprano and it helps promote a warm tone. If I switch to another lig, there's a definite difference.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Vandoren Klassik ligature (for German clarinet), fits the Vandoren Optimum SL3 mouthpiece perfectly.

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2012-2015
5,878 Posts
HR, Vandoren Optimum

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
2,323 Posts
HR: FL Ultimate

1 - 20 of 33 Posts