Sax on the Web Forum banner

Which TOTM?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As with the B/ITOTM thought it's worth getting feedback on which song people would like to do, rather than just outright picking one.

Four options here, the last is "Get someone else to do it!" :twisted:

Otherwise:-

1. Daahoud - Clifford Brown

(Harold Land on tenor)

2. Fee Fi Fo Fum - Wayne Shorter

3. Passion Dance - McCoy Tyner

(Joe Henderson on tenor)

·
Administrator
17,295 Posts
Nice initiative Mrblackbat. :)

I didn't vote. Non of the three songs do ring my bells, but I don't find the last choice a good one either, because I know how hard it is to find a host for the TOTM! So pick what you want would be my advice.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Daahoud is indeed a great song, as I say would be a challenge for me (I suppose I could slow it down, but I think it needs to be played fast, but I'd also really love to hear what some of you awesome guys would do with any of these tunes!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
All great tunes, but I chose Daahoud. I know I didn't participate this month but I swear I'll get up a recording for next month!
+1 for Daahoud .... then Joy Spring for Sept. !! :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We could just have a Clifford Brown TOTM thread....

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2012
3,095 Posts
Voted Daahoud. It is my first name, and I don’t think I know the 2 others. And where I’m currently located, I don’t have the equipment to participate....:whistle::faceinpalm:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Voted Daahoud. It is my first name, and I don’t think I know the 2 others. And where I’m currently located, I don’t have the equipment to participate....:whistle::faceinpalm:
You can always participate with feedback to others! It's just as much a part of TOTM as the recordings!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So poll finishes tomorroe morning, Daahoud currently has the most votes, but only by one...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts