Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that there are a few threads here and there's a fair amount of stuff out there on the mauriats, but I'm wondering if there are any new opinions. I'm very interested in maybe getting a PM and am leaning toward the 67R. Does anyone have any new thoughts or updates on these two models now that they've been out there a little bit longer?

·
Registered
73 Posts
NU2SAX said:
I see that there are a few threads here and there's a fair amount of stuff out there on the mauriats, but I'm wondering if there are any new opinions. I'm very interested in maybe getting a PM and am leaning toward the 67R. Does anyone have any new thoughts or updates on these two models now that they've been out there a little bit longer?
From my brief experience with a PM I found the 66R, or 67 in the alto version, to be a darker more spread sound akin to the old Conns. The 76 is more Mark 6ish in sound, a little brighter but with a good deal of punch. They are really strong horns, especially in the price range. Their prices have gone up a bit over the last year but, they are still a good bargin. Just my two cents worth. :D

·
"King In The Castle" & Distinguished SOTW Member
2,671 Posts
Jazzhart's comment is quite accurate. If you look at PM's website, www.pmauriatmusic.com, you can see that the sound of the 76 is categorized as "French vintage", whereas that of the 66R is termed "focused American vintage". You can also listen to sample soundclips on the site of different models.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts