Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i really need more stuff to shed,as i run out of time in my practice sessions...I practice 5-8 hours daily so towards the end i tend to just play along or improvise but i would like to be more organized...THANKS

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,585 Posts
Um... What kind of 'stuff' would you like the guys to send you?

·
Just a guy who plays saxophone.
4,445 Posts
I definitely don't have 5-8 hours to practice daily, but I look at the improv/ free-play time reserved at the end of my time as sort of a reward for my hard work...After all, that is why I put the work in.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no i definately enjoy the end of my time for that reason...but meaning that sometimes i find i cant practice more than 7 hours because i dont know what else to play in the middle leading to me just playing around...

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
13,182 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i downloaded all those pdf's from Tim Price alreadyy thanks though.. :)
and I guess I could get working on some standards :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thats a great site! thankss...and no i havent worked through any of them i think just from a quick glance! THANK YOU! will work on the transcroptions, because as far as the scales I already got down the majors, minors, pentatonics, working on diminished, chromatic scales....but ill work on those transcriptions and learning some jazz standards thank you guys! :)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,862 Posts
Ahem.....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thank you rleitch...i never meant i didnt have something to work on...but im getting ready for college so i wanted some things to shed that would make me stand out.. :)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,862 Posts
im getting ready for college so i wanted some things to shed that would make me stand out.. :)
College!!!! Quick Sotw braintrust...save this poor schmuck! :)

Seriously...visit Matt Otto's website. He'll keep you busy for the rest of your life.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Playing anything in all 12 keys helps. I would suggest finding be-bop tunes you like and learning them in all 12 keys - "Donna Lee" will keep you busy for awhile. It's great for opening up your ears and helps your improvising tremendously by giving you more facility to fit ideas in whatever key your're playing in or chord that is coming up. Good luck.

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2012-2015
5,903 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts