Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would appreciate help identifying this saxophone. This is the best picture available. Any and all conjectures are welcome.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There appears to be a U-shaped structure with the bottom of the U located over the middle of the bell keys.

·
Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and Foru
8,588 Posts
I don't think it's a Bundy or at least not a '70s version of that. The circular bell brace suggests a selmer copy of some kind.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,528 Posts
No body has mentioned yet that this horn has a circular brace between the body and bell. That rules out the Bundy and many other US-made saxes.

·
Administrator
13,994 Posts
Definitely not a The Martin Committee III. The bell brace, neck octave key is entirely wrong for that model, among other identifiable details.

Could that photo be any worse btw?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,148 Posts
I am pretty sure it is the Ambassador. I had one like it and have worked on a few. NOW the next question would be ....Is it the Buescher type body (drawn holes) or Martin (soldered) as they had both.
Also the Ambassador had the bell to body ring. Fish around on saxpics and I think you will agree.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
NOW the next question would be ....Is it the Buescher type body (drawn holes) or Martin (soldered) as they had both.
Is everything but the tone holes the same on all Ambassador altos, or would those with a particular style of tone hole also have certain other features (e.g. pinky cluster design) to distinguish them from the those with the other tone hole design?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts