Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I have been playing alto sax for 7 years now and I purchased a jazz mouthpiece a few years ago that I am pleased with. I am looking for another one and I came across a brand known as Selma. Is this a good brand or is it just a Selmer knockoff? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Tyler

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Never heard of it. But if you can test the "Selma" and it plays well for you, it doesn't matter what it's called. I just wouldn't buy it blindly.

Or, why not stick with the brand you have, since you're pleased with it?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,140 Posts
Are you sure it is not just a Typo? There are also cheap Asian horns named Selman. The only Selma I know of is my 3rd grade teacher and a town in south Alabama.

·
Registered
195 Posts
15 seconds on Google proved it to be another product of the PRC.

·
Banned
28,511 Posts
Are you sure it is not just a Typo? There are also cheap Asian horns named Selman. The only Selma I know of is my 3rd grade teacher and a town in south Alabama.
:lol::sign5:

She quit teaching to become a mouthpiece maker because there's more money in it. :whistle:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"Or, why not stick with the brand you have, since you're pleased with it?"

The mouthpiece, unfortunately, does not have a brand name on it. I asked my band director about the Selma and she said she had never heard of it, so I expect it to be a Selmer knock off. I found a Henri Selmer Paris mouthpiece I am going to buy. I was just looking around and came across the Selma and thought I would find out more information on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Never heard of it. But if you can test the "Selma" and it plays well for you, it doesn't matter what it's called. I just wouldn't buy it blindly.

Or, why not stick with the brand you have, since you're pleased with it?
Unfortunately, the mouthpiece I have does not have a brand name on it. Also, I am looking toward expanding my horizons and trying out different mouthpieces for different sounds. I found a Henri Selmer Paris that I am going to buy, but, during my search, I came across the Selma and I thought I would find out some more info on the brand. Thanks to you all. I appreciate it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts