Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's been some discussion of this piece piggybacked on another thread, but I thought it might get a wider audience if it had a thread of its very own! Click to enlarge.

I think it's nickel plated, and possibly has a shortened shank. It seems earlier than anything on Theo Wanne's Mouthpiece Museum and the sax mouthpiece museum, and discussion on the previous thread may indicate 1920s vintage. There's no facing inscription on the table. As you can see, there's a small nick out of the tip, which I understand is repairable.

Any information welcome, and I'd be interested if anyone has idea of value too.

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,890 Posts
stitch said:
There's been some discussion of this piece piggybacked on another thread, but I thought it might get a wider audience if it had a thread of its very own! Click to enlarge.

I think it's nickel plated, and possibly has a shortened shank. It seems earlier than anything on Theo Wanne's Mouthpiece Museum and the sax mouthpiece museum, and discussion on the previous thread may indicate 1920s vintage. There's no facing inscription on the table. As you can see, there's a small nick out of the tip, which I understand is repairable.

Any information welcome, and I'd be interested if anyone has idea of value too.
That's one of the oldest Selmer pieces. There was a picture of one on another thread. And they can be very valuable, but more for collectors than players.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
J.Max said:
That's one of the oldest Selmer pieces. There was a picture of one on another thread.
Thanks J, you don't happen to remember which thread do you? Was it the one about the soprano piece that turned out to be for clarinet?

J.Max said:
And they can be very valuable, but more for collectors than players.
Hey yeah, I've already been offered $20 for it :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts