Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you use both Legere Signature and Rico Select Jazz reeds on the same mouthpiece, please list the reed strength that you use for each brand. The type of horn (sop/alto/tenor/bari) will also be useful info.

Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
On soprano, RJS 2H and Legere Signature 2.5

·
Forum Contributor 2013-2019
1,040 Posts
Tenor RJS 2H Legere Sig 2.25 (2.25 Sigs on alto an soprano as well)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On soprano, RJS 2H and Legere Signature 2.5
Alto and tenor RJS 2S Legere 2.25
Tenor RJS 2H Legere Sig 2.25 (2.25 Sigs on alto an soprano as well)
Excellent; on alto I use RSJ 2H. They're a little too resistant when new, but feel good after a fairly short break-in period, so I think they're about the perfect strength for me. For the Legere Signature, I guess I'll try the 2.75 first, and take it from there.

·
Super Moderator
26,400 Posts
Legere signature 2.25 or 2.5 or a RSJ 2M or 2H on my tenor with a 10mfan Robusto 9. It depends on the sound I need which strength I use.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,316 Posts
Tenor RJS 2H and Legere Signature 2

·
Registered
314 Posts
Theo Wanne Druga 8 (0.086) with a Legere Studio Cut #2

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wanted to update this thread with my own findings. To me, the Legere Signature 2.75 is slightly harder than the RSJ 2H Unfiled.

I'm currently using the Legere on my Otto Link .076 for a dark sound, and a Fibracell Premiere (still settling on the correct strength, but they definitely run soft) on my Jody Jazz HR* .083 for a brighter, better projecting sound. I'm definitely impressed with these current synthetic reed offerings!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
1,600 Posts
Legere can make reeds in sizes between the standard quarter sizes. I have a 2.35 signature alto.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts