Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
just thought I would share my great day with you all, I haven't played for almost 10yrs due to family and work ect, I played in a mates band today and had a great time, I was very nervous at first but after about 20min it all came back to me, had the best time and I am going to play weekly with them.

Cheers
Steve

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
631 Posts
it is always great to connect with your passions.

enjoy you music. in life, we have different priorities during different seasons. it is always important that we do not sacrifice our own souls. a nourished soul may reap the returns of a better worker, father, husband, son. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
That's great Steve, me too. I'm 61 and stopped playing 42 years ago, until around six months ago. Always knew I would or I would not have kept my two horns for so long. I"m playing almost every day now and can read and play about 80 songs doubling Tenor and Alto. I need to read the Music, can't play by ear yet. I'm playing songs like "Take 5" and "My One And Only Love" and wife says it sounds great so I'm getting there.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm 84 and just getting back to do a little jamming with friends afetr 3 years of not playing but now my problem is I'm running out of breath fairly quickly having had a quadruple heart bypass operation 18 years ago. So if anyone can advise me how to get some of my breath back I'd like to hear from you.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I am playing everyday now for aleast an hour a day to keep the practice up, can't wait for my next jam with my mates...

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts