Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Played the new 3rd gen Z Ateliar tenor today

Wow the new Z 3rd generation tenor is fricking nice. Anyone here blew it yet , 82Z Atelier

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Didn't even know it was a thing. What are the new changes?

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Didn't even know it was a thing. What are the new changes?
A few, more narrow neck, E1 neck. Bow is straighter like a Keilwerth. Ergos are super close. Z was perfect before there, well its nicer ha. High mass screw, metal thumb rest, the bell brace is the same oval shape but its made of round bar now like a MKVI If you get my meaning, MORE HANDMADE was the phrase also used, it will be more expensive due to this. More but that's the jist, sounded great but Z 's do but this was extra Z

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What's different? Plus points?
A Z is a Z, this had a tad more Z, Ha, felt and sound awesome, guy had the no F# ul Z, , had extra engraving on the low C # key cup, guy said he thinks that happens on some horns when the engraver has made a mistake or marked the horn

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like I might be the 1st here to try one, niceeee

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
34,245 Posts
Looks like I might be the 1st here to try one, niceeee
But are you the first to BUY one???

Ya know I’m here for ya... :twisted:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Wow the new Z 3rd generation tenor is fricking nice. Anyone here blew it yet
Where is the details of proof? Where did you try it? How did you find out about it? Have any photo's? When is it expected out? Tenor III only? How about Alto or Soprano? Come On Now! :)

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Was in Headwind Music in Bristol for my Buffet Prestige I got. Guy knows I like and had Z horns says you want a go of the new Z that's coming out. I said what yes. He said the Yamaha rep due in with it. He came. I blew. He told us the info. Asked what one they want for the shop.

·
Banned
566 Posts
Yea brand new so gleaming brass
i did have one of the first 82Z UL tenors.it was so gleaming brass,the solder joints were perfect and out of all the modern yamaha's,i love the un-lacquered ones,wether gleaming new or crusty patina.
very dark horns for a yamaha.
it would be good to try one of these new III's.
thanks for the post.

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i did have one of the first 82Z UL tenors.it was so gleaming brass,the solder joints were perfect and out of all the modern yamaha's,i love the un-lacquered ones,wether gleaming new or crusty patina.
very dark horns for a yamaha.
it would be good to try one of these new III's.
thanks for the post.
No probs, I had 4 Z horns. 2 gold lac, 1 silver plate 1 ul, all great. This new Z is fricking wicked

·
Registered
180 Posts
Was in Headwind Music in Bristol for my Buffet Prestige I got. Guy knows I like and had Z horns says you want a go of the new Z that's coming out. I said what yes. He said the Yamaha rep due in with it. He came. I blew. He told us the info. Asked what one they want for the shop.
So I had to google "Headwind Music" in Bristol to find out where the new Z was being distributed. Google told me the "UK"! Did the sales rep say if the Tenor is the only horn that will be a III series coming on and not the Alto and Soprano????? I'll have to find out now if America is next on the list for delivery of the new III horns. Thanks in advance!

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So I had to google "Headwind Music" in Bristol to find out where the new Z was being distributed. Google told me the "UK"! Did the sales rep say if the Tenor is the only horn that will be a III series coming on and not the Alto and Soprano????? I'll have to find out now if America is next on the list for delivery of the new III horns. Thanks in advance!
Its in the UK, It is not in there yet !!! he was showing them it, Tom asked whats the changes, rep told us, asked what one they will want for shop, lacquer, ul, with high F# no F#, reps was no F# and ul. Companys mostly do one at a time, tenor, then alto etc or other way round. Email shop and speak to Tom. One of the other owners in shop plays all Z horns and he loved it !!!! :bluewink:

1 - 20 of 113 Posts