Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody! (Hi, Dr. Nick!)

So today I went back to my high school to test play all of their saxes, and found a couple gems in the pile.

But what stood out the most to me was this Aristocrat Tenor. It was a later horn, possibly a Big B (the engraving was almost completely gone, but I could just make out Aristocrat). Anyways, this horn had a sound like no other tenor I have ever played. I suppose it had something to do with the mouthpiece I used (the original one, sanitized it before playing), but it was just AMAZING.

To put it bluntly, I offered to buy it. Sadly, my offer was refused by the Principal of the school :cry:

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013-
5,183 Posts
Welcome to Buescherland.
If my teacher knew how much better he sounds on my New Aristocrat than he does on his Reference 54 I think he would cry. If you really want one they aren't that hard to find.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will keep an eye out for them. Then again, I need money in order to buy a sax :D

·
Registered
166 Posts
I got my silver-plated True Tone tenor for $700 plus shipping, Aristocrats will go for more but they are still fairly well priced. good luck!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,319 Posts
You might get lucky- About a year ago I found a '49 Aristocrat 156 tenor in a guitar store on consignment- the owner wanted $750.00 for it but I made an offer of $500.00 and he took it! It had been recently repadded as well!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,216 Posts
Honeyboy said:
You might get lucky- About a year ago I found a '49 Aristocrat 156 tenor in a guitar store on consignment- the owner wanted $750.00 for it but I made an offer of $500.00 and he took it! It had been recently repadded as well!

WOW Maybe I should follow you around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts