Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I am not very good with computers but was wondering if there are any free or inexpensive Play Along song web sites that you would suggest
Thanks
Steve

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009-
2,759 Posts

·
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow thanks so much guys......shotgun that link is great .....thankyou

·
6,862 Posts

·
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now if I could find the written music to go with the play alongs I would be set

·
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool but how would I know if they were in the same key as the play alongs.....sorry I am new at this

·
Banned
5,336 Posts
Cool but how would I know if they were in the same key as the play alongs.....sorry I am new at this
You will find virtually all of the "standards" in the Real Book will be in the same key as the play along accompaniments. If you run across one that is different, guess what? You get to learn to transpose the melody and the chords. Isn't that neat?

·
6,862 Posts
Now if I could find the written music to go with the play alongs I would be set
I bought a DVD on Ebay with all the old Real Books and a bunch of other stuff on it. It was maybe 10$.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
11,501 Posts
Wow, guys! This is AMAZING stuff for an old geezer like myself. Thanks for the great sites and the terrific information.

Paul,
I haven't been keeping up as much as I should with the membership here, but this is the second post I've seen in the past 10 minutes in which you reference your "geezer"-hoodedness.... Please take the time to check out this youtube link Aubra Graves.... I personally empathize with you, but bow in reverence to the mighty Aubra... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92mHdGVFV8k
Enjoy,
John

·
Registered
505 Posts
I see Hal Leonard co. are now producing the Real Book with playalong cds. Has anyone tried these? They look very interesting.
They are pretty good. Nice recordings and the playing is great. And they are wav files. Not all the songs are included though. Maybe 40-50% of the tunes that are in the book.

·
Banned
28,511 Posts
Paul,
I haven't been keeping up as much as I should with the membership here, but this is the second post I've seen in the past 10 minutes in which you reference your "geezer"-hoodedness.... Please take the time to check out this youtube link Aubra Graves.... I personally empathize with you, but bow in reverence to the mighty Aubra... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92mHdGVFV8k
Enjoy,
John
Wow! Now there is a role model. He's awesome and shouldn't just be on YouTube. I had never heard him before, so many thanks John.

·
Forum Contributor 2009 & Mouthpiece Patch Mogul
4,054 Posts
They are pretty good. Nice recordings and the playing is great. And they are wav files. Not all the songs are included though. Maybe 40-50% of the tunes that are in the book.
Thanks for the info. Only 40-50% of the book? I was expecting them all to be there. Ah well, you`ve saved me a few quid, cheers.

·
Banned
28,511 Posts
Can you buy the CD's separately from the books? I already have the Real Book and the New Real Book, so I don't want to have to buy those again, but looking on Amazon I can't tell if what they are selling is the book plus 3 CD's or just a 3 CD set package for each alphabetical section of the book by itself for those who already have the book. Does anyone know what is what with that?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Haven't checked the Amazon site, but I was looking at these in the store the other day. There they were packaged without the book; just 3 cds per set.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts