Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I bought an EWI yesterday and I really enjoy it! One thing I am missing though is the possibility to play along with tracks on my iPhone. Does anyone have a good solution for this problem? I don't want to plug it in to my computer every time when I want to play along with a track.

Thanks in advance! :)

·
Registered
591 Posts
as long as it doesn't have a line in port, you'd probably need little mixer a la behringer. Maybe an iRig extension for your iPhone could work as well.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi!

I bought an EWI yesterday and I really enjoy it! One thing I am missing though is the possibility to play along with tracks on my iPhone. Does anyone have a good solution for this problem? I don't want to plug it in to my computer every time when I want to play along with a track.

Thanks in advance! :)
In a pinch I've used two sets of headphones. The best solution is to put over-the-ear headphones on over a pair of in-ears (like the ones that come with the iphone) but I have also learned songs on the gig with one headphone in each ear. The mixer solution is more versatile though. Of course, I'm assuming you bought a 4000s and not a USB right?
-Barry

·
Forum Contributor 2017
8,070 Posts
If the EWI is self-powered and not run by USB power than run both the EWI and iPod through a keyboard amplifier.

I perform solo with sax and ewi (yamaha wx5) and run everything either through my 60 watt roland keyboard amp or Fender Passport portable p.a. system.

B

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
If you get an irig, you can play an ewi through that and still hear it and anything playing on the iPhone or iPod.

I'd highly recommend checking out amplitube too. Nothing is more fun than ewi and guitar pedals

1 - 5 of 5 Posts