Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I fly in this country and play several different saxophones? New/used, Yamaha, Selmer, p. Mauriat, yanagisawa, conn, Martin... The whole deal?

Where is the best place to go and play a lot of different horns?

Thanks,

Joe Brown
Austin, tx

·
Registered
260 Posts
I am sure there is probably places in New York or California, but I haven't been to any of them.

I have been to Saxquest in St. Louis, MO and I really liked that store. They also have a website www.saxquest.com

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,312 Posts
Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center in Wheaton, Md. (just outside of D.C.) usually has a good selection of modern pro level horns. Maybe a few vintage horns. I bought an 88K Mark VI bari from them a while back.

·
Just a guy who plays saxophone.
4,095 Posts
I played a bunch of horns at Rayburn's in Boston one time...I sat in a room and the guy there just kept handing me saxophones! It was really fun. That was right when I was starting out. I would like to do it again, now that I have a better grasp of things.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,831 Posts
The Woodwind & Brasswind in Indiana has a great selection of new saxes, and few used and vintage. Much better going there in person than mail order! Tenor Madness in Iowa is also very good, and has a very large vintage Selmer collection to choose from.

·
Forum Contributor 2011-2015
1,872 Posts
Have you tried Southern Music in San Antonio? They use to have tons of horns.

K
They do not advertise their horns on their website. Looks like their more into sheet music than anything else.

The reason I looked into them is I work for a company in San Antonio and travel there several times a year.

http://www.southernmusic.com/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts